China Destroyed Control Chip of Japanese Spy Satellite with Secret WeaponPosted: May 2, 2014
The space intelligence section of Japan Self-Defense Forces revealed in its newest intelligence: China has destroyed the control chip of a Japanese spy satellite with a secret weapon when the satellite was tracing a Chinese J-20 stealth fighter jet in northwestern China. The satellite is the third Japanese spy satellites launched from Kagoshima, Japan.
According to the analysis by US military, like the previous incident of Chinese military blinding a US spy satellite with laser, it was China’s move to display its military strength in space.
US analysts believe that China used electromagnetic pulse weapon Poacher One in the attack. That was China’s top secret military research and development project. PLA’s electromagnetic weapon Poacher One is able to transmit electromagnetic pulse of several megawatt continuously for one minute to destroy all military and civil electronic information and communications systems operating within a few kilometers. It can also destroy enemy’s internal chips.
Previously, US military revealed that the PLA sent a satellite near a US spy satellite to blind it with spray of coating on its camera. PLA has lots of means to attack and interfere with satellites. US military is concerned that neutralization of US satellites by PLA’s space force will be its nightmare in war.
However, the development of ante-satellite technology does not stop there. It may be the basis for the technology to intercept an ICBM. That will be a much greater worry for US military.
Source: qianzhan.com “Japanese satellite lost track of a J-20 it detected: There can be no doubt about China’s ante-satellite capability” (summary by Chan Kai Yee based on the report in Chinese)
- China Shocks the US with its Aerospace Fighter Able to Reach the US in One Hour dated April 25, 2014
- China Researching for J-28 Six-generation Space-air Fighter Jet for Star War dated April 22, 2014
- China Building World Largest Radio Telescope for Star War? dated April 22, 2014
- Xi’s Stress on China’s Space-Air Battle Capability Rouses Widespread Concerns dated April 17, 2014
- Xi Jinping Counters US Air-Sea Battle with Space-Air Battle dated April 16, 2014
- China’s Mystic Space Warfare Force with Combat Capability Shocking the West dated April 3, 2014
- China Launches Three ASAT Satellites: Small maneuvering orbiters include one with a robotic arm dated August 28, 2013
- Shocking Breakthrough in Developing China’s Sixth-generation Fighter Jet dated November 5. 2013