SCMP’s report titled “Details emerge of ‘terrorism suspect’ arrest during armed raid in China” yesterday helps China spread terror among terrorists.
The report says that CCTV broadcasts video footage of the arrest of a terrorist leader but gives no details about the terrorist, not even his identity. CCTV only says that the terrorist leader has organized some people to leave China stealthily.
However, the scene of arrest may well be a show and the “terrorist” in the video may well be an actor employed to make the show because the show is in fact China’s propaganda to create terror among terrorists.
There are people who send Uygurs stealthily across border for the purpose of making money instead of terrorism. The TV show tells them they will be tracked and arrested as terrorists. Obviously, those terrorism suspects will be imprisoned in secret in high-security labor camps. The US can hold terrorist suspects in Guantanamo Bay Naval Base. China has no such resources but a national security law to keep confidential the arrest, investigation and trial of terrorists. I believe that in order to create terror among terrorists, terrorism suspects receive harsher treatments in China than in the US.
The video footage will at least scare those who help Uygurs cross Chinese border.
Unable to carry out terrorist attacks to create terror in China, “Islamic State released a video in February showing Uygur fighters training in Iraq and vowing to plant their flag in China and let blood “flow in rivers” SCMP says in its report.
Who knows whether the video footage is true. Those Uygur fighters wearing masks may be terrorists of other races or even actors employed to make the show. ISIS only wants to create terror in China. As long as the video footage can create terror, it soes not matter whether the footage is true or not.
However, due to strict censorship, no Chinese people in China can see the terrorist footage so that no terror has been created by the footage in China. Chinese people can live a life free of terror and have no fear for travel abroad.
The Chinese propaganda, however, has been widely reported by Western media, who have involuntarily helped China spread terror among terrorists abroad.
China’s terror-for-terror anti-terrorist strategy is thus quite successful in preventing terrorist attacks.
Comment by Chan Kai Yee on SCMP’s report, full text of which can be found at http://www.scmp.com/news/china/policies-politics/article/2088218/details-emerge-terrorism-suspect-arrest-during-armed.
In my post “China: Xinjinag Police, Army Killed All Terrorists in 56 Days” on November 15, 2015, I pointed out China’s strategy that combines relentless military attack with censorship and propaganda.
China first censors all the news about the terrorist attack to avoid giving rise to the panic terrorists want to create or giving terrorists satisfaction about their success. Then it persists in collecting all the intelligence. According to Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK), during its recent large-scale manhunt for terrorists, under the pressure of constant search by 10,000 people one of the terrorists panicked and surrendered himself. He provided key information about the terrorists.
When China has collected all the necessary information, it conducts large-scale relentless general offensive to kill all terrorists without leaving even one of them alive. That is the mentality that blood must atone for blood quite popular in China since the education of hatred in Mao era.
World Uyghur Congress, said the dead included women, children and the elderly. It may be possible as the women, children and elderly might be future suicide bombers when their loved ones had been killed by their enemy though Beijing denied the killing of the women, children and elderly.
The fight between terrorists and China is a cruel war. “The art of war is an art of deception.” That is what China’s gifted strategist Sun Tze teaches Chinese people.
Cover-up of news about terrorists’ attack to avoid the panic terrorists want to give rise to by their attack and deprive them of the satisfaction of their success and exaggerated propaganda on large-scale search by 10,000 people and killing of all terrorists to give rise to panic among terrorists, those are but the tricks played by the Chinese who follow Sun Tze’s teachings.
Reuters shows its ignorance about China’s strategy when it says, “It is unclear why the government had not disclosed the attack on the coal mine earlier. Some previous attacks have also not been reported until days or even weeks after they happened.”
I write this article to tell the West including Western media such as Reuters that in a war China does no play by Western rules and that quite a few Chinese people have the mentality of retaliation.
I am especially worried that if Japan is to blame for the commencement of a war between Japan and China perhaps with the U.S. and others involved, it is very possible that China may attack civilian targets in Japan with its more than a thousand intermediate missiles as Chinese people remember too well the killing of innocent Chinese civilians by Japanese troops decades ago.
The following is some photos that SCMP published to unintentionally help China create panic among terrorists:
Source: RTHK “Xinjiang police broke terrorist group under direct command of external extremist organization killing 28” (summary and comments by Chan Kai Yee on the report in Chinese)
Source: SCMP “China security forces kill 28 ‘terrorists’ blamed for deadly Xinjiang coal mine attack”
Source: Reuters “China says 28 foreign-led ‘terrorists’ killed after attack on mine”
The following is the full text of Reuters’ report:
China says 28 foreign-led ‘terrorists’ killed after attack on mine
Chinese security forces in the far western region of Xinjiang killed 28 “terrorists” from a group that carried out a deadly attack at a coal mine in September under the direction of “foreign extremists”, the regional government said on Friday.
The news carried by the official Xinjiang Daily was the first official mention of the Sept. 18 attack at the Sogan colliery in Aksu, in which it said 16 people, including 5 police officers were killed, and another 18 people injured.
Radio Free Asia, which first reported the incident about two months ago, said at least 50 people had died.
Attackers fled into the mountains and authorities launched a manhunt with more than 10,000 people participating every day, forming an “inescapable dragnet”, the Xinjiang Daily said.
“After 56 days of continuous fighting, Xinjiang destroyed a violent terrorist gang directly under the command of a foreign extremist group. Aside from one person who surrendered, 28 thugs were completely annihilated,” the newspaper said.
China’s government says it faces a serious threat from Islamist militants and separatists in energy-rich Xinjiang, on the border of central Asia, where hundreds have died in violence in recent years.
Rights groups say China has never presented convincing evidence of the existence of a cohesive militant group fighting the government. Much of the unrest, they argue, is due to frustration at controls over the culture and religion of the Uighur people who live in Xinjiang, a charge Beijing denies.
The Xinjiang Daily said two people who appeared to have Uighur names were leaders of the unnamed foreign group.
Beginning in 2008, the Xinjiang group’s members began watching extremist videos and communicated six times with an extremist group outside of China’s borders, requesting tactical guidance, the paper said.
“Members of this foreign extremist group transmitted orders to the gang many times and demanded pledges of loyalty,” it said, without elaborating.
It is unclear why the government had not disclosed the attack on the coal mine earlier. Some previous attacks have also not been reported until days or even weeks after they happened.
Calls to the Xinjiang government seeking comment went unanswered.
China’s Foreign Ministry, generally the only government department to regularly answer questions from foreign reporters, referred questions on the case to the Xinjiang government.
“China must continue to fight against this kind of terrorist attack with determination, to protect the lives of the people, protect the stability and safety of society,” ministry spokesman Hong Lei told a daily news briefing.
Pictures carried on the Xinjiang government’s news website showed armed security forces crossing rivers and clambering up rocks in what looked like a remote part of the region.
It also showed civilians with sticks fanning out across scrubland helping to look for the suspects.
Dilxat Raxit, spokesman for the main exiled group the World Uyghur Congress, said the dead included women, children and the elderly, though Reuters was not able to verify that. Radio Free Asia had reported similar details.
“By once more pointing the finger at so-called foreign controllers, Beijing is shirking responsibility for its own policies which are the real reason for Uighur resistance,” he said in an emailed statement.
Independent verification of the situation in Xinjiang is hard because of tight government controls on visits by foreign reporters.
Western nations have been reluctant to cooperate in China’s anti-terrorism campaign in Xinjiang, nervous about being implicated in possible human rights abuses. China denies accusations of such abuses.
Since last week’s attacks in Paris, Chinese state media has lambasted Western countries for their “double standards” on terrorism.
China says that it too is threatened by groups like Islamic State, which announced this week it had killed a Chinese hostage.
Chinese officials also say some Uighurs have gone to fight with radical groups in the Middle East.
(Additional reporting by Adam Rose; Editing by Simon Cameron-Moore)